Healing after HydraFacial
Did you know that there’s a correlation between how clean your face is and the health of your eyes? Truly clean facial skin will promote good eyelid health.
HydraFacials administered by our professional skincare team in Chicago, IL, can benefit you in several ways. First, we will remove toxins and grime from your face. For people who wear eye makeup, there is always the possibility that some residue remains, even after cleaning. This residue builds up over time and can cause eye infections, corneal irritations, irritations around the eye, and eyelid irritation
After your HydraFacial, your face will receive the hydrating nourishment it needs for a younger, healthier glow. Healing from HydraFacials is simple, but many people don’t know what they should do after treatment. Read on to learn more.
Your skin may feel tight, irritated, or may appear red after your HydraFacial. These are common reactions, but they usually subside within 72 hours.
The more sensitive your skin is, the more acutely you may experience these reactions after a HydraFacial. However, if skin irritations don’t go away by the fourth day after treatment, you should let our team know.
After your HydraFacial, follow several tips to help your face heal.
- The morning after your treatment, use the face cleanser you received from us.
- Apply the SPF 30 sunscreen we gave you for at least five days.
- Use the hyaluronic acid boosting serum you received twice a day for 30 days.
After a HydraFacial, you should avoid doing these things while your facial skin heals.
- Don’t wear makeup until the day after your treatment.
- Avoid being in places that are very hot for 24 hours after your HydraFacial.
- Don’t use any type of exfoliants for at least 48 hours after your treatment.
- Don’t use acne medications like salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide for at least 48 hours after your HydraFacial.
- Don’t use topical Retin-A (or its generic form, tretinoin) for at least 48 hours after your treatment.
- Don’t use chemicals or wax to remove facial hair for at least 48 hours after your HydraFacial.
- Avoid excessive sun exposure and don’t use a tanning bed in the first 72 hours after your treatment.
- Don’t undergo laser facial treatments or medium-to-deep chemical peels for at least two weeks after your HydraFacial.
- HydraFacials by Dr. Tepper in Chicago, IL, can make your skin healthier. Unlike other facial treatments, HydraFacials are beneficial to everybody, regardless of skin type or skin issues.
- Treatment gets rid of the dirt in the pores of your face. They can reduce existing acne and prevent new acne outbreaks.
- HydraFacials can even out the tone of your skin and reduce damage caused by sun exposure. They also make fine lines and wrinkles less visible.
To yield the greatest benefit from HydraFacial, you should schedule them at regular intervals. Our team can help determine what schedule will work best for you.
Schedule Your HydraFacial Now
If you’ve experienced eye issues because of dried makeup around your eyes or you just want healthier, more youthful-looking skin, Dr. Daniel J. Tepper and our experienced team at Wicker Park Eye Center in Chicago, IL, are here to help. Call us today at (773) 376-2020 or contact us online to schedule your HydraFacial appointment.